CRM 2011 On premise - Report on Service Activity.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there. I have created a test Report based on Service Acitivity. I want to list the related customer name and other fields from the Account entity. I have tried using Account(Regarding) and selecting the fields I want but I do not get anything on the report apart from the Service Activities from Service Activity. Do I need to set up a new relationship and if so, how do I do that?

Thanks

BM

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:20 PM

Answers

• That doesn't appear to be possible. The Customers field in a Service Activity can contain multiple customers, and the workflow processing out of the box isn't configured to handle returning the Owners of multiple records like it could if the workflow email was related to say a single Account record. 

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:42 PM

All replies

• When creating the report, your Primary record type is Service Activities, your related record type should be Activity Parties (Activity). When adding columns, to get Account data like the name, select Record Type of Party (Account) and then Column of Account Name.

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:42 PM
  • Thanks Jason. Thats worked great. Taking that further, is it possible to access the same related information via a Workflow? I need to be able to send an email to the Owner of the Account via a Workflow for a Service Activity.

Thanks

BM

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:01 PM
  • That doesn't appear to be possible. The Customers field in a Service Activity can contain multiple customers, and the workflow processing out of the box isn't configured to handle returning the Owners of multiple records like it could if the workflow email was related to say a single Account record. 

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:42 PM