none
Top Answerer Report

Question

• Just a quick question, in the old style forums, there was a page where you could see all the answerers and their stats for the last 30 days and not just the Top 10. Does this exist in the new forums and if so how do I access this?

If it doesn't exist any more then a) why not? and b) please consider this a feature request.
    Adam Tappis. (MCSD VB6 & .NET, MCDBA SQL 2000)
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:08 PM

All replies

• The Browse Forums Users Page could be enhanced to:
    - Add a "Answers last 30 Days" Column
    - Allow filtering by forum

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:14 PM
  • Good suggestion. Can you quickly explain why you want to do this? Would this be better simply embedded into the forum itself or do you see this as more of a filter feature of the existing browse users? or when you want to do this is it usually from within a forum?

We used to have more... links at the bottom of the little right aligned boxes that linked to the big browse users but they didn't really carry over the context of the list, when we had our major rewrite back in March we simply left them out until we figured out a better way to surface this.

I would love to see some forum specific stats page for users, hot threads, answer trends etc....more of a forum stats page users could get to, not only to see stats bug also who the moderators are and be able to ping them if need be...
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:39 AM
  • I guess it's from a tracking perspective. I see number of possibilities e.g.

User Reports - I'm active in a number of forums and sometimes I'd like to see my activity by forum e.g. questions, posts, total answers, answers last 30 days etc.. Or maybe to look at my activity over time broken down by forum.

Forum Reports - as you suggest looking at the activity in the forum, most active users/threads, moderators list, as well as the other mentioned KPI's - questions, posts, answers...

I could easily envisage some simple charts as well. I'm an MSBI guy, I like that sort of thing.

While we're on the subject of features, as a moderator, I often find myself wanting to remind an individual of forum etiquette but I find my only option is to do so puplicly in the forum. I think you should introduce private messaging/forums so that moderators can contact users privately. I wouldn't open this up to everyone, just moderators.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:53 AM
  • The "Top 100 answerers for the last 30 days" list at Forums V2 was quite popular.  Everybody starts at the bottom of that list, it takes quite a while to get to the top 10.  There is nothing similar right now.

Hans Passant.
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:20 PM
  • Thst's the one I was thinking of...
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 9:51 PM
  • While we're on the subject of features, as a moderator, I often find myself wanting to remind an individual of forum etiquette but I find my only option is to do so puplicly in the forum. I think you should introduce private messaging/forums so that moderators can contact users privately. I wouldn't open this up to everyone, just moderators.

This could be a nice feature for the forum admins at least.
    Some times I feel could this be given to everyone.....(the problem then would be people would be using private messaging in stead of the forum.)
    Hope this helps !!
    Please close the thread once answered

Sudeep      My Blog
    Monday, September 21, 2009 9:32 AM
  • That and the fact that you would quickly get spammers trying to sell their wares. Hopefully no moderators would turn out to be spammers ;)
    Monday, September 21, 2009 10:01 AM
  • I made the top one time in my life. I actually got a screen print of it. [It will never happen again]
    John Grove - TFD Group, Senior Software Engineer, EI Division, http://www.tfdg.com
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:29 PM