none
HPC -using SOA programming model RRS feed

• Question

• I have read the article about Overview of SOA Programming Model and Runtime System for Windows HPC Server 2008 from MSDN site and I am having the following doubts.

Doubt #1

While Copying and Placing the Service DLLs, it has been mentioned in local deployment: updating service binaries will be time consuming

What do you means by updating service binaries?

Doubt #2

In Hybrid deployment: Some large, not-so-frequently-updated service binaries are copied to the local nodes, while the small or more frequently updated services are copied to a file share.

When frequently used files are shared; whether it will lead to traffic and time consuming then copied to local nodes?

Doubt #3

While running SOA application, The SOA client application initiates a session with the Job Scheduler.

Whether we can run parallel task in a session or for each task a client has to initiate a session?

Help me out

Thanks

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 4:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Benita,

To answer your questions:

1) Q: What do you means by updating service binaries?

A:  Service binaries = Your SOA service dll and its dependencies. They must exist on each compute node.

Updating means: in case you change your service code,  you may want to update the dlls.

2) Q: When frequently used files are shared; whether it will lead to traffic and time consuming then copied to local nodes?

A: yes, if frequently used files are shared, they'll lead to traffic. recommendation: copy to local nodes.

3) Q: Whether we can run parallel task in a session or for each task a client has to initiate a session?

A: you cannot run parallel tasks in a session. but you can create a shared session. then use multiple tasks, each task will create a client, the client then use this shared session.

• Marked as answer by Benita Blas Tuesday, July 6, 2010 10:21 AM
    Friday, June 11, 2010 4:09 PM