no sound device is found RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried all of the possible solutions offered...but still no sound  and no active mixer. I am receiving  a message the device cannot start (code10) I would sure love to have sound again ...if anyone can help me. Thank You
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:17 AM

All replies

•  

Have you tried installing a new driver?

Go to the website of your PC vendor and download it from there. Then install it, I think it should work.

If it doesn't work then sure is the problem with sound card itself.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 2:37 AM
  • My sound device for windows seems to have disappeared! Can somehow retrieve the device?

Sunday, September 16, 2007 3:13 AM
  • need help tryed every think

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:24 AM
  • thanks

Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:22 PM
  • I will like to fix my problem with my sound device,i hope you can help me,thank you.

Saturday, November 3, 2007 2:52 AM
  • please can i get sound device back on my computer .my sound device has suddenly dissappeared!

I would love to get it back please please try and find the error on my pc

Saturday, November 3, 2007 9:25 AM
  • i have tried everythin that i know of but i cant fins my sound device. it was working and now i dont have anything at all i have tried  the troubleshooter anf went into my contol panel and on the sound and audio part it says there is no audio device and i cant think where it would have gone. can you please help?

Karen

Sunday, November 4, 2007 1:23 PM
  •  

I dont know alot about pcs and i dont have sound
    Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:08 PM
  •  abo007 wrote:

Have you tried installing a new driver?

Go to the website of your PC vendor and download it from there. Then install it, I think it should work.

If it doesn't work then sure is the problem with sound card itself.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:03 PM
  •  

i want 2 get my sound back please i deleted it
    Sunday, November 18, 2007 5:37 PM
  •  toots45 wrote:
    I have tried all of the possible solutions offered...but still no sound  and no active mixer. I am receiving  a message the device cannot start (code10) I would sure love to have sound again ...if anyone can help me. Thank You
    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:37 AM
  • How to do i go to it from my computer

Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:53 PM
  •  toots45 wrote:
    I have tried all of the possible solutions offered...but still no sound  and no active mixer. I am receiving  a message the device cannot start (code10) I would sure love to have sound again ...if anyone can help me. Thank You
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 9:00 PM
  •  

Monday, December 3, 2007 9:28 AM
  •  rodem64 wrote:
    My sound device for windows seems to have disappeared! Can somehow retrieve the device?

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 5:43 AM
  • wat do i do....??? i can not turn the volume up on my computer it seems blocked..and the a messge pops up saying there is no sound or mixer device........plz helps

Thursday, January 3, 2008 9:44 AM
  • How do I find the website to my PC vendor and how do I download it?

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 4:10 AM
  •  

I have no sound so don't know if nmy speakers went kaput I have tried every thing and nothing works.
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:56 PM
  • I CAN'T HEAR NO SOUND DEVICE SAY IT;S USED UNDER SOMETHING ELSE

Friday, February 8, 2008 6:55 PM
  • It seems that when we use an Operating System Disk or some type of upgrade on our system, the audio sound device becomes corrupted and will not work.  I have a Gateway and contacted Gateway.com who sent me a detailed e-mail on the fix.  First the corrupted file must be deleted.  Start/ControlPanel/Uninstall a PRogram.  (Mine happened o be Sigma Tel Audio but yours may be different).  Click uninstall.  Continue thru menu to finish.

To reinstall a new driver at least for Windows Vista, Start/All Programs/Gateway Recovery Center/    click on Recovery Center.  In user Acct Control.....continue, in Recovery Center click Hardware, Device driver recovery/Sound Devices.   The original driver should appear.  Click on it and Finish. 

Otherwise go to the website of the kind of computer you have and ask for their help to walk them thru your own computer.  Reloading drivers will not work until the corrupted driver has been uninstalled. 

It then automatically brought up User Account Control box.  Clicked Continue.  In
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:28 PM
  • HOW DO I GET SOUND DEVICE

Friday, February 15, 2008 3:55 PM
  •  

Friday, February 15, 2008 3:57 PM
  •  shiquita wrote:

How to do i go to it from my computer

Friday, February 15, 2008 4:00 PM
  • cant seem to find any sound--i tried everything that i could find  and still no sound--everything seems to be worling but it wont play--one driver gets an error code 10  where is my sound

Saturday, February 16, 2008 12:30 PM
  • Saturday, February 16, 2008 10:20 PM
  • i need my sound back we've checked my speakers and they were alright. But the sound still did'nt work weve been worken. And the sound icon is not on there eiather {i know i spelled that wrong} and we cain't get it back cause we thank its muted but when we try to download to my mpfor player it says we caint listen till it is on our mpforplayer because the sound is for a diffrent sight and  i dont know the sight soooo please please please please help me if you can help me get the sight {spelled that wrong two}
    Friday, February 22, 2008 1:07 AM
  • what is the website to get my sound device back
    Friday, February 22, 2008 1:11 AM
  •  

i deleted my sound device[sound max]

from where should i download it,,,,

plz help me quickly....

Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:33 PM
  • My computer and ppl keep saying to install a sound device, uuuuum how do you do that???????????????

Is it something you can download?

Or do you have to buy it from the store?

Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:09 PM
  • I have no sound device (cuz I accidentally deleted it) is there any way I could retrieve it? (I NEED SOUND NOW!!!!)

Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:19 AM
  • I'm having the same problem - no device found - is there a download for this from Microsoft or do I need to go to HP to get it???

Friday, April 18, 2008 3:19 PM
  •  monther alfraihat wrote:
     rodem64 wrote:
    My sound device for windows seems to have disappeared! Can somehow retrieve the device?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:55 AM
  • how do i get sound device

Saturday, June 7, 2008 2:25 PM
  • This should help most with this problem.

Enter SETUP.

Go to Integrated Peripherals.

If Audio is disabled then enable it and exit saving changes.

This should solve the problem, it has for 2 of my friends.

The setup on your computer may be slightly different from mine, but you just need to get to Audio and if its disabled then you will solve the problem.

If so please make a small donation to a charity of your choice and if possible advise me at johnlaurence48@aol.com

Good Luck

Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:48 PM
  • I had the same problem...I have Hp Windows Xp so I went to their site and typed in "no sound Windows Xp" and found the harddrive intall for audio. After I sucessfully installed I had to go to the control panel under sound and add hardware. This finally let me go in and adjust volume and add icon to taskbar. Finally fixed the sound on my computer. Hope this helps.

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:00 PM
  •  

You need to go to the web site of your computer. Mine was HP.com as I have windows xp. Type in no sound and find the hard drive for audio and install it. Then go to control panel for sound and add the hard drive. You should be able to adjust the volume now. hope this helps
    Monday, July 14, 2008 7:08 PM
  •  poo poo wrote:

wat do i do....??? i can not turn the volume up on my computer it seems blocked..and the a messge pops up saying there is no sound or mixer device........plz helps

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:59 PM
  • im having the same problem

Thursday, October 9, 2008 9:31 AM
  •                    I need help to install my audio sound device and thank you.

Elaine

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 11:52 PM
  •  

Where did my sound device go?
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:25 PM
  • i just see the question but i did't see any answers to solve the problems.you may know the answer. can you help me?thanks a lot.

Monday, November 17, 2008 4:31 PM
  •  

hey

my sound stop working one day and i do not have money to get it fix. so i was thing about microsoft maybe they can help to fix my sound. help me!!!

Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:56 PM
  • i am having the same problem..how did you get it sorted?

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:12 PM
  •  poo poo wrote:

wat do i do....??? i can not turn the volume up on my computer it seems blocked..and the a messge pops up saying there is no sound or mixer device........plz helps

Thursday, December 11, 2008 7:38 AM
  •  

Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:54 PM
  • Need help in restalling the Sound Device.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:32 PM
  • where is the pc vendor just cant get no sound

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:22 PM
  • what should i do ? i have removed my sound device and i want to add device again,plz help me.

Friday, December 26, 2008 5:43 PM
  • i have tried all avenues i am aware of to get my sound back i get error 10 messages and no device messages will consider any help a kindness.

Saturday, January 3, 2009 9:51 AM
  •  

... devices like PDAs, pocket PCs, Blackberry devices, etc. It is FREE and ... Audio Converter & Mixer extract sound track from many audio formats such as WAV, ...

www.giveawayoftheday.com/freeware/mixer/devices - 76k - Cached

ROR WWW.SOUNDMAX.COM....WORKED 4 ME

Friday, January 16, 2009 6:49 AM
  •  

... displays the sound controls of each audio device in a very functional and esthetic way. ... mp3, Volume, free. Understanding the Audio Mixer 07.01v ...

www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/sound_mixer_software - 71k - Cached

OR TRY THIS...

Friday, January 16, 2009 6:50 AM
  • Come to CNET Download.com for free and safe VRMixer ActiveX downloads. Control your sound mixer device. ... Windows 9X, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ...

www.download.com/VRMixer-ActiveX/3000-2206_4-10157586.html - 71k - CachedTHISWORKS TOO

Friday, January 16, 2009 6:52 AM
  • what address do i go to (to download a sound card for windows xp gateway)

Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:09 AM
  •  toots45 wrote:
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:51 AM