CRM Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I have this Workflow in place that auto closes an opportunity after so many days as lost. However, there are times that our negotiators need to reopen those because they just got a deal with them just minutes before. But with that workflow, it won't allow them to save it as won because it is saying that this claim has already been closed. I have to turn the workflow off and then they can do their thing and then I activate the workflow again. What can I put in my workflow Criteria that it will allow the negotiators to open the claim again and then close it. Here is what I have for my criteria.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 3:49 PM

Answers

• Would you also be able to supply the workflow triggers? Is the workflow a real-time workflow?

One possible option might be to setup a new boolean field on your Opportunity named something like "re-open" then add an On-Demand workflow that the users may execute which would simply set the value to Yes (and to also re-open the opportunity too if you wish).  Then update the existing workflow to also only close the opportunity as lost if "re-open" is not set to yes.

There might be a cleaner way, but it would depend on workflow's options.

• Proposed as answer by Daniel Westlake Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by wsilage Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:47 PM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:19 PM

All replies

• Would you also be able to supply the workflow triggers? Is the workflow a real-time workflow?

One possible option might be to setup a new boolean field on your Opportunity named something like "re-open" then add an On-Demand workflow that the users may execute which would simply set the value to Yes (and to also re-open the opportunity too if you wish).  Then update the existing workflow to also only close the opportunity as lost if "re-open" is not set to yes.

There might be a cleaner way, but it would depend on workflow's options.

• Proposed as answer by Daniel Westlake Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by wsilage Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:47 PM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:19 PM
  • I think the second way will work, bu there is a print screen of my triggers.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:27 PM
  • Great, good luck with your solution.
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:31 PM