A note of thanks to the Moderators on the board. RRS feed

• Question

• Some weeks back I had asked for help in processing the Microsoft Genuine Advantage for a counterfeit copy of Office 2007 Professional that I had been sold. Filing the counterfeit report on line was easy but the MS website did not provide instructions as to how to ship the pirated discs.

Moderators on this board provided the necessary information and today I received a genuine MS Office 2007 Professional that I installed, registered and validated.

Thank you for the help provided. 

Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:38 PM

Answers

• Hello GiGiScala,

Glad to see that you were able to overcome the roadblocks :-) and take advantage of the Complimentary Office Offer.

May I ask a few questions about it?

1. About how many days did it take between mailing off the counterfeit software and receiving your replacement?

2. What materials did you receive from Microsoft as part of the replacement (no need for lots of detail, just a basic description of what they sent you)?

3.  How did you inadvertently acquire the counterfeit software (again, no need for lots of detail, just a general description)?

4.  Did the information at www.howtotell.com help you identify the counterfeit materials?

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp

1. Mailed to MS on 10/06. MS received on 10/08. MS processed on 10/13 and mailed on 10/20. I received on 10/29.

2. A flat CD case titled "Microsoft Office Professional 2007" with 2 CDs labeled "For Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage Kit", 1 page titled "Microsoft Office Genuine Software Offer",  a label with the Product Key.

3. Internet searched for the software and found a website that listed genuine authentic MS software at a lower price. The CD box and contents appeared authentic but did not validate. 

4. The information on the MS website helped identify the counterfeit CDs and filing the report was quick. What was missing was where and how to ship the counterfeit materials but this is where you came in and saved the day.

Many thanks Dan.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hello GiGiScala,

Glad to see that you were able to overcome the roadblocks :-) and take advantage of the Complimentary Office Offer.

1. About how many days did it take between mailing off the counterfeit software and receiving your replacement?

2. What materials did you receive from Microsoft as part of the replacement (no need for lots of detail, just a basic description of what they sent you)?

3.  How did you inadvertently acquire the counterfeit software (again, no need for lots of detail, just a general description)?

4.  Did the information at www.howtotell.com help you identify the counterfeit materials?

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:07 PM
  • Hello GiGiScala,

1. Mailed to MS on 10/06. MS received on 10/08. MS processed on 10/13 and mailed on 10/20. I received on 10/29.

2. A flat CD case titled "Microsoft Office Professional 2007" with 2 CDs labeled "For Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage Kit", 1 page titled "Microsoft Office Genuine Software Offer",  a label with the Product Key.

3. Internet searched for the software and found a website that listed genuine authentic MS software at a lower price. The CD box and contents appeared authentic but did not validate. 

4. The information on the MS website helped identify the counterfeit CDs and filing the report was quick. What was missing was where and how to ship the counterfeit materials but this is where you came in and saved the day.

Many thanks Dan.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:57 PM