Windows Live One care won't allow microsoft update center RRS feed

• Question

• My automatic update center doesn't allow updates.  Says there is something in my system that is blocking.  My guess is the Windows Live One Care firewall.  I looked in the allows, and it isn't listed, but have not found how to add the Automatic Update Center program.  I have tried different ways to do it, and have not been successful.  I can do it by typing it in, but not by automatic updates.  Any fixes?

Thanks!

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 6:14 AM

Answers

• If turning off the OneCare firewall did not resolve it, then it isn't a OneCare blocking issue. I recommend heading over to the Windows Update Solution Center - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

As a side note, what other programs are you running for protection besides OneCare? If you are using WebRoot Spysweeper and have not disabled their real-time protection features, you are running the risk of unexpected problems and slow system performance.

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 2:25 PM

All replies

• Do you mean Automatic Updates for Windows/Microsoft from Control Panel? This is allowed by default in Windows Live OneCare, so that should not be blocking it. If you turn off the OneCare firewall, does Automatic Updates work?

-steve

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 9:04 PM
  • No, that didn't work.  It says something is blocking it.  I can put them in by typing them in the window above to update, but that has been the only way.  I have tried shutting off all -firewall, One Care, spysweeper.  Nothing worked.

Friday, December 28, 2007 7:25 AM
  • If turning off the OneCare firewall did not resolve it, then it isn't a OneCare blocking issue. I recommend heading over to the Windows Update Solution Center - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

As a side note, what other programs are you running for protection besides OneCare? If you are using WebRoot Spysweeper and have not disabled their real-time protection features, you are running the risk of unexpected problems and slow system performance.

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 2:25 PM