How to make contact private to owner? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to make specific contact records as private thus making them inaccessible to any other users.

P.S: we have a single role (ROLE1) in our crm organization.This role has create , read , write , share , append and appendto at Organization level.All the crm users get this role by default.

Is it impossible for us to change the ROLE1 to the user level instead of organization level and then share the contacts between individual user or team.

Please suggest.

Regards,
    Joshi

Joshi
    Friday, March 18, 2011 9:43 AM

Answers

• Joshi

If you took away from the user role the abilty for users to create advanced find views, then you can accomplish the private function as follows:

In CRM 2011 you would

1. Add a private attribute to a new private contact form

2. Assign a role to users to access that form who need access to the private attribute records.

3. Adjust all Contact system and existing views so that they exclude records with the private bit checked.

4. Set up views for the private contact viewers that include the private contacts.

There is probably more to your need then what you originally provided so my response may not fit exactly.

Jerry CRM Innovation - Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing? Follow me on Twitter
    Friday, March 18, 2011 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Joshi,

Sorry my english...

You could not create another role by copying and taking role1 permissions you need?

Friday, March 18, 2011 2:23 PM
  • Joshi

If you took away from the user role the abilty for users to create advanced find views, then you can accomplish the private function as follows:

In CRM 2011 you would

1. Add a private attribute to a new private contact form

2. Assign a role to users to access that form who need access to the private attribute records.

3. Adjust all Contact system and existing views so that they exclude records with the private bit checked.

4. Set up views for the private contact viewers that include the private contacts.

There is probably more to your need then what you originally provided so my response may not fit exactly.

Jerry CRM Innovation - Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing? Follow me on Twitter
    Friday, March 18, 2011 3:45 PM