locked
ok.. what am i doing wrong ? pages not getting indexed RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have run out of ideas.
    As far as I know I`ve done all the right things, sitemaps, relevant content etc but still my main product pages don't get into live search.Only 109 page out of 800 are shown as listed. www.shoe-envy.co.uk
    Am I missing something? for example "rocket dog shoes" in search  lands me quite well  in other search engines but in msn nothing ! its link certain key words are banned .
    Any help appreciated
    mr new to seo for msn ... Matt




    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:53 AM

Answers

  • Hi.

     

    First you can start fixing you’re tags:

     

    Title: The maximum number of characters that’s recommend for this tag is 80.

    Description: The maximum number of characters that’s recommend for this tag is 250.

    Keywords: The maximum number of characters that’s recommend for this tag is 500.

                       The maximum number of keywords that’s recommend for this tag is 25.

                       The keywords relevancy to page content is also very poor.

    You can validate each site here: http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/

     

    If you can manage to get a 100% for all tags, I believe the crawler will be much more happy when it crawls you’re site. I had the same problem with Live Search until I managed to fix these tags (I’m sure you don’t have the same problem with Google crawler, since it’s not as fussy as Live Search. But I’m sure you have a lot of messages in Google toolbar that says you have a lot of “too long descriptions”).

     

    This will probably put you on the right track, but remember that it can take a while before all these changes will be done by Live Search.

     

    Best regards

     

    Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:12 PM

All replies

  • Hi.

     

    First you can start fixing you’re tags:

     

    Title: The maximum number of characters that’s recommend for this tag is 80.

    Description: The maximum number of characters that’s recommend for this tag is 250.

    Keywords: The maximum number of characters that’s recommend for this tag is 500.

                       The maximum number of keywords that’s recommend for this tag is 25.

                       The keywords relevancy to page content is also very poor.

    You can validate each site here: http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/

     

    If you can manage to get a 100% for all tags, I believe the crawler will be much more happy when it crawls you’re site. I had the same problem with Live Search until I managed to fix these tags (I’m sure you don’t have the same problem with Google crawler, since it’s not as fussy as Live Search. But I’m sure you have a lot of messages in Google toolbar that says you have a lot of “too long descriptions”).

     

    This will probably put you on the right track, but remember that it can take a while before all these changes will be done by Live Search.

     

    Best regards

     

    Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:12 PM
  • Hi

     

    I tried this tool on my site http://www.alpakka.org and it can't find any meta tags! My metatags are nicely formatted from a tool, verified by w3c (the index.html is w3c XHTML validated) and should be ok.

     

    I just don't get it. I even checked the OPs meta-tags and compared. I cannot see any useful differences.

     

    What's wrong with my page? Why doesn't submitexpress find my metatags?

     

    Regards,

    Rolf Barbakken for Knapper Alpakka

     

    Friday, July 25, 2008 6:31 AM
  •  Rolf.Questus wrote:

    Hi

     

    I tried this tool on my site http://www.alpakka.org and it can't find any meta tags! My metatags are nicely formatted from a tool, verified by w3c (the index.html is w3c XHTML validated) and should be ok.

     

    I just don't get it. I even checked the OPs meta-tags and compared. I cannot see any useful differences.

     

    What's wrong with my page? Why doesn't submitexpress find my metatags?

     

    Typical. I found the answer right after posting this.

     

    The problem is with this:

    The Unicode Byte-Order Mark (BOM) in UTF-8 encoded files is known to cause problems for some text editors and older browsers. You may want to consider avoiding its use until it is better supported.

     

    When I removed the BOM everything worked as expected.

    Friday, July 25, 2008 6:43 AM
  • I can see that it´s working, hehehe..

     

    But you have a æ,ø,å problem on youre website.

     

    Lykke til!

     

    Friday, July 25, 2008 6:49 AM
  •  Energy(no) wrote:
    But you have a æ,ø,å problem on youre website.

     

    Yes. The charset was set wrong. Fixed.

     

     Energy(no) wrote:
    Lykke til!

     

    Takker Smile

     

    Friday, July 25, 2008 6:59 AM
  • Buy the way, dont take any notice that SubmitExpress is giving wrong output for æ,ø,å.. It´s just don´t seem to be set up right to handle it.

     

     

    Friday, July 25, 2008 7:06 AM