Unable to install/uninstall/repair RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i lost my documents and settings and got new folder for my login, trying to install mesh then getting following error

already iinstalled.

but cannot see in add/remove programs

Thanks

Appaji

S.Venkata Appaji
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:53 AM

Answers

• So you get "already installed" when you run /uninstall? That in itself sounds like a bug to me - since "already installed" is the state you want to be in when uninstalling (unless you mean that you run /uninstall and then get the same error when running the installer).

Did you try removing the registry keys (as deleted in the forum sticky)?

Manually editing the Registry
    • Click Start
    • Click Run
    • Type Regedit and hit Enter (if you are on Vista you will need to agree to a UAC prompt)
    • In the Registry Editor remove the following Registry entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\9D1E4BCD781B45B479E1418784C5A935

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\<YOURSID>\Products\9D1E4BCD781B45B479E1418784C5A935

NOTE:  <YOURSID> value will be unique to you.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Appaji,

I'd try to run the install with the /repair or /uninstall switch as detailed in this post. The instructions there should set you on the right path :)

Let us know how it worked out!

Oren

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:39 AM
  • Hi,

i have tried repair and uninstll from command line but getting same error for all.

cannot move forward anymore....

does anybody know how to remove mesh from system otherthen using livemesh.exe and add/remove programs

Thanks

Appaji

S.Venkata Appaji
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:18 PM
  • So you get "already installed" when you run /uninstall? That in itself sounds like a bug to me - since "already installed" is the state you want to be in when uninstalling (unless you mean that you run /uninstall and then get the same error when running the installer).

Did you try removing the registry keys (as deleted in the forum sticky)?

Manually editing the Registry
    • Click Start
    • Click Run
    • Type Regedit and hit Enter (if you are on Vista you will need to agree to a UAC prompt)
    • In the Registry Editor remove the following Registry entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\9D1E4BCD781B45B479E1418784C5A935

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\<YOURSID>\Products\9D1E4BCD781B45B479E1418784C5A935

NOTE:  <YOURSID> value will be unique to you.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:22 AM
  • Appaji said:

hi,

i lost my documents and settings and got new folder for my login, trying to install mesh then getting following error

already iinstalled.

Could you pleaser post the full text of the error message - does it say "another version of this product is already installed" maybe?

Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:18 PM