Can the 2013 SP1 upgrade orphan organization databases? RRS feed

• Question

• Maybe orphan is the wrong term.  I have an on-premise installation having two orgs, the prod one and one created during the original installation before migrating from 2011 -- i.e. it has never been used for or by anyone for anything.  That installorg_mscrm db has gone "suspect".  DBA claims it's because the SP1 upgrade didn't attend to it.

1. I don't know if there were any database changes in SP1
    2. I'm fairly confident that if there were any, the process would have attended to both orgs

Am I wrong or is the DBA scapegoating?

Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hello Mate,

I have noticed that on premise installations get upgraded to Sp1 when they are enabled. Sp1 contains database changes as well.

Disabled ones in below picture are on UR2, enabled ones are converted to SP1.

Regards,

Jithesh

Monday, August 18, 2014 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hello Mate,

I have noticed that on premise installations get upgraded to Sp1 when they are enabled. Sp1 contains database changes as well.

Disabled ones in below picture are on UR2, enabled ones are converted to SP1.

Regards,

Jithesh

Monday, August 18, 2014 5:23 AM
  • I think my associates have a case where enabled ones show as update available, but in case they don't what is the process for enabling and having the sp applied to the 6.0 versions?
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:31 PM
  • For the organizations that are not yet upgraded, it will say that update is available.

Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:05 AM
  • both upgrade to sp1 and enabling the organisation is done through deployment manager only.

regards

Jithesh

Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:06 AM