Modifying associated view in CRM4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to add an attribute of a link entity in associate view of an entity. Can get this done? When I search for the solution to modify the associated view, I found that to change fetchxml part in the customization of the entity. However, no fetchxml part inside <savedview> for associated view. Instead of fetchxml, I found columnsetxml. Can add an attribute of link entity in columnsetxml. so, how to?

Please help.

Thanks in advence.

Monday, April 26, 2010 6:03 AM

Answers

• There is an option of add column on associated view. You can directly use this to add column on associated view.

To add columnt navigate to solution > Customization and assoaciated grid view. Click on Add column. select column which you want to add.

Monday, April 26, 2010 10:41 AM
  • if the colum you will add is lookup it will be like link if it is not lookup it will add as read cloume not link
    Thanks for any help :) my blog is: http://www.waelk.com
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:27 AM

All replies

• There is an option of add column on associated view. You can directly use this to add column on associated view.

To add columnt navigate to solution > Customization and assoaciated grid view. Click on Add column. select column which you want to add.

Monday, April 26, 2010 10:41 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I know that we can add column on associated view. In that way, we can add the attribute of that entity. We cannot add a column for link entity.

In my problem, I want to add a column from a link entity. I have read that it can be get this dond by modifying fetchxml (inside of customization xml).

However, inside customization xml, no fetchxml for associated view. When I tried to put fetchxml for associated view, hit the error.

Is there a way to add fetchxml in customization xml for associated?

Thanks

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:20 AM
  • if the colum you will add is lookup it will be like link if it is not lookup it will add as read cloume not link
    Thanks for any help :) my blog is: http://www.waelk.com
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:27 AM