none
Running MPI application from Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I wrote a simple MPI application under Visual Studio 2013 which compiles and builds fine. I'm running Windows 7 on a standard laptop (no cluster). I installed "Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2" to get the proper MPI stuff and I've been able to execute my application from a DOS command line:

> mpiexec -n 4 .\testMPI.exe

Question: how to launch this (parallel) application from Visual Studio 2013 directly?

• Edited by Bilou911 Monday, March 2, 2015 4:08 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

You can launch the program using mpiexec under Visual Studio 2013 by setting the Command to mpiexec and the Command Arguments to the program itself. Note that any mpiexec arguments need to be part of the Command Arguments. See my screenshot below for an example

Out of curiosity, can you tell us why you would want to launch it under Visual Studio 2013? Is it for convenience, or for debugging purposes?

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 6:44 PM
  • Tuesday, March 3, 2015 6:46 PM
  • > Out of curiosity, can you tell us why you would want to launch it under Visual Studio 2013? Is it for convenience, or for debugging purposes?

Can one debug local MPI processes in VS`2013 as in VS`2010? That was a kill feature indeed.

Friday, May 8, 2015 6:46 AM