none
How do I get user information for a site using Cosign? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm relatively new to .NET.  I'm working on an application which is configured in IIS to use the Cosign single sign-on software (http://weblogin.org/).  I've used this in the past with classic ASP and had no trouble.  In the current scenario, I've implemented the Cosign features, and they work well - users who are not signed in when trying to access my site get redirected to the sign in page.  Once signed in the site displays normally.

What I can't figure out with ASP.NET Core MVC is how to find out the information on the user, specifically their login id.  In the past when using classic ASP with Cosign, I could find this from Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_USER").  I cannot for the life of me find how to get this information in the current context.  None of the examples I've found get me there.  Is there any advice anyone can give on how to find this?  It's necessary for providing the correct level of authorization.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

• Moved by CoolDadTx Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:03 PM ASP.NET related
    Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:37 PM

All replies

• You are asking about trouble with some obscure open source software that hasn't been updated in 3 years. I note that clicking on the "Discussion" tab is a dead link. The WIKI pages are 2 years old. Basically, this bit of software is on life support. Frankly, I think your best course of action is to jump ship.
    Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:29 PM
  • Hi SolitoMan,

Thank you for posting here.

For question about IIS, please post a new thread in IIS forum.

If it is more related to ASP.NET, please post a new thread in ASP.NET forum.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:27 AM