CRM buttons missing from ribbon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with one of our users.
    In the outlook main form, he sees the CRM Toolbar, it's possible for him press to Track in Crm, add New Activities, ... etc. Everything that should be there is there and functioning.
    However, when he opens an email, the CRM functionality is missing from the ribbon.

Has anyone experienced this before ? Any solutions ? I have already tried re-installing.

Dynamics client is version 4.0.7333.3.
    Server is 4.0.7333.1261
    Outlook 2007
    The user is a (crm) system administrator.

Thank you in advance,

Bert

Monday, January 25, 2010 12:49 PM

Answers

• Hi, Everyone,

It was a drastic solution, but I have resolved the issue by uninstalling the CRM plugin from Outlook, deleting the Outlook Account, uninstalling Outlook, delete every folder under C:\users\<user>\AppData that was called 'Outlook', re-installing Outlook and recreating the mail account (incl. the crm plugin)

So basically... starting from scratch :-)

Anyway, thank you, those who took a moment of their time to try and help me.

Bert
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Bert,

Go to Outlook-> Tools -> Trust Center
    à select Add ins à this will display list of active outlook add-ins and CRM add-
    in should be active in this list.

if CRM is not in your list then you need manually add in this list as follows

select Manage “COM Add-ins” and click on Go..

this will display list of available Add-ins and select the CRM and enable it (i.e. tick it) and click Ok

if you do not find this add-ins then click on Add and select C:\Program files\Microsoft CRM\client\bin\crmaddin.dll

and then click Ok..

Monday, January 25, 2010 1:49 PM
    Answerer

• Bert,

In this case it always best to run the CRM Diagnostics tool from the client.

Have you done this?

Jerry http://www.crminnovation.com
    Monday, January 25, 2010 2:02 PM
  • Hi, Mayank, Jerry,

Thank you for you replies.

There are no inactive Add ins. The toolbar *is* there in the main form, just not in the ribbon when opening an individual mail.

Diagnostics tool : I did that, initially it did some kind of repair, but that did not solve the issue.

Small update : the set regarding button does not work, it produces this error :
    "an error occurred promoting this item to microsoft dynamics crm"

Bert

Monday, January 25, 2010 2:47 PM
  • Is the email sitting in the default mail folder or in a public folder as this could cause this behaviour.

Leon Tribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog

http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

or hear me tweet @leontribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Monday, January 25, 2010 7:24 PM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 7:24 PM
  • Hi, Leon,

Thank you for your reply.

The email is sitting in the user's default (Exchange) mail folder.

Bert
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:41 AM
  • Hi, Everyone,

It was a drastic solution, but I have resolved the issue by uninstalling the CRM plugin from Outlook, deleting the Outlook Account, uninstalling Outlook, delete every folder under C:\users\<user>\AppData that was called 'Outlook', re-installing Outlook and recreating the mail account (incl. the crm plugin)

So basically... starting from scratch :-)

Anyway, thank you, those who took a moment of their time to try and help me.

Bert
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:22 PM