Alert Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• I looked but haven't seen this anywhere so forgive me if this has already been asked. I have 3 laptops and a desktop. All run Win 7 (Enterprise, Ultimate, and Home Premium 64-bit). About 60% of the time when one of them is booted and the Launchpad starts, there is a message in the alert viewer that a service isn't running.

It always seems to be the same 2 services, Windows Update or Security Center. Windows update is set to Automatic(Delayed Start) and Security Center is set to automatic. Each time I check, they are always running.

It is not a big problem, it is just more annoying more than anything else. I can just refresh the alert viewer and they are gone. It just makes me open the Launchpad or if I am in the Dashboard, I have to open the Alert Viewer to make sure it is not anything I really need to worry about.

All workstations are running Microsoft Security Essentials without a problem. I am assuming that this is just a timing thing that the Launchpad is done executing before the services are started. Would it be possible to delay the execution of the Launchpad to ensure that the services are started?
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:00 PM

All replies

• I have seen that also, but it does not happen if you wake a computer from sleep which is what I do the majority of the time. I agree it's annoying but the alert does go away on its own eventually. You could not start the launchpad automatically at boot.
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:23 PM