one care going away RRS feed

• Question

• Will microsoft essential be the same as one care

• Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, April 3, 2010 3:36 AM (From:Windows Live OneCare Update)
    Friday, April 2, 2010 3:36 PM

Answers

• Microsoft Security Essentials provides malware protection only. I don't know of a security suite that provides all of the One Care features. Microsoft Security Essentials in conjunction with the Windows Firewall will provide superior protection. For the tune up feature of One Care you can schedule disc defragmenting and disc cleanup in Windows and depending on your version of Windows you can back up your files using Windows Backup.

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 3:36 AM

All replies

• I would like to have something the same as one care.  Is there a product available.
    Friday, April 2, 2010 3:41 PM
  • Microsoft Security Essentials provides malware protection only. I don't know of a security suite that provides all of the One Care features. Microsoft Security Essentials in conjunction with the Windows Firewall will provide superior protection. For the tune up feature of One Care you can schedule disc defragmenting and disc cleanup in Windows and depending on your version of Windows you can back up your files using Windows Backup.

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 3:36 AM
  • Have look here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/18015f54-e826-42e1-a69a-2172373c071c

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, April 5, 2010 2:43 PM