Change the max file size for attachments in CRM RRS feed

Answers

• Hello,

You have to made all action mentionned in your link, you don't need to do more (no need to make changes to the value MaxUploadFileSize...)

Best Regards, Lassaad
    • Proposed as answer by Lassaad.Cabani Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by jd1866 Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:42 PM
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:34 PM
  • Sorry, I don't understand your question: You need to increase the max file size for attachments, and you've found an article that describes how to change the max file size for attachments.

Changing the max file size for attachments is generally not a god idea. The CRM database is not designed for storing documents so if you store lots of documents in it this can have an impact on performance and can increase the difficulty and cost of database backups.

If you don't understand all the implications of changing the max file size, or don't understand the instructions, then I suggest that you ask a Microsoft CRM professional for support.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

All replies

• Hello,

You have to made all action mentionned in your link, you don't need to do more (no need to make changes to the value MaxUploadFileSize...)

Best Regards, Lassaad
    • Proposed as answer by Lassaad.Cabani Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:34 PM
  • Sorry, I don't understand your question: You need to increase the max file size for attachments, and you've found an article that describes how to change the max file size for attachments.

Changing the max file size for attachments is generally not a god idea. The CRM database is not designed for storing documents so if you store lots of documents in it this can have an impact on performance and can increase the difficulty and cost of database backups.

If you don't understand all the implications of changing the max file size, or don't understand the instructions, then I suggest that you ask a Microsoft CRM professional for support.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I had read an article where I had to change the SQL DB entry so thanks for clarifying. I don't want to greatly increase the file size Neil, I just want to be able to accomodate recordings and PDF documents ranging from 5MB to 10MB.
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:26 PM
  • If the response helped you to answer your question thant you to mark it as an answer this will help CRM Moderators.
    Best Regards, Lassaad
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:38 PM