Updating driver for High Definition Audio Device - Digital Output Device (SPDIF) messed up RRS feed

• Question

• This device used to work well until I updated the drivers!  There used to be a window that popped up when I plugged in either headset or microphone to the front panel.  This window allowed me to chose a few options i.e speaker arrangement, hearing own voice in headset, automatically cutting off speakers when headset is plugged in and a few others.  Well since the update,  that window no longer pops up and the little icon that was in the bottom tray is now missing so I can't even bring it up by hand to configure my speakers and microphone.  I now have to go through my system sound control, and designate the default by hand every time I want to switch from speakers to headset,  and I can no longer hear my own voice in the headset ..   Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this??    I wanted to roll back the driver but can't because installing the new ones required removing the old ones first.. so they no longer exist on my computer:( 
    • Moved by Mike Wasson Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:46 PM off topic
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:32 PM

Answers