Wrong passowrd RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have purchased a hp ex490, Installed the connector software on 2 computers running vista, Trying to innstall the connector software on my new acer laptop running windows 7, but when the install is almost ready and i'm asked to provide the password for the console it gives error inncorrect password every time.
    I haver tried to change password, reboot, etc, but my acer with windows 7 will not logon.

Any ideas anyone?
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 11:12 AM

Answers

• If all other PCs work, it must definitively have to do with the client.
    So if its time and data are ok, is it also the year?
    Remote Desktop only works with user account Administrator, I think this do you know.
    The version number is the most current and Windows 7 compatible.
    You are sure, that Acer did not put any stuff on the notebook preinstalled, which may now block something?
    IF you ping the server from the client, is the correct machine answering?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:53 PM

All replies

• Which security software is installed on the laptop? If this is something with separate Firewall capabilities, it may well block the proper communication between client and WHS.
    Also, is the connected network declared as private or public network on the client?
    Olaf
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 11:18 AM
  • Using Microsoft security essentials, It is a privat network,(Home)

Greetings from a very cold Norway,
    Glenn

Thursday, January 7, 2010 11:30 AM
  • Can you login via Remote Desktop to the server by using the user name Administrator and the console password and check the event log for error messages and warnings around the time of your failed attempts?
    Which version number does your WHS show in the console under settings/resources?
    Do the system date, time and time zone match on both the client and server?

Just out of curiosity:
    Where did you purchase that machine - is this available in Norway? (In Germany we have not seen any HP home servers since the ex470/475 series.)

Olaf
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 12:40 PM
  • Yes, I got the whs from http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=498653 it costs about 500 EUR.
    Time and date are ok.
    I can not login via remote desktop, That's when i get the wrong passowrd error.
    When trying to logon via the console i get: this machine can not connect to the windows homeserver true your network conection, Plase check your connection.
    Server version:  6.0.2423.0

This is strange all other pc work fine, Just not the one with windows 7 on it.

Sorry for the mixup inn errors, But this is not as easy has the commercials says....Homeserver for everyone ;-(

Thursday, January 7, 2010 1:08 PM
  • If all other PCs work, it must definitively have to do with the client.
    So if its time and data are ok, is it also the year?
    Remote Desktop only works with user account Administrator, I think this do you know.
    The version number is the most current and Windows 7 compatible.
    You are sure, that Acer did not put any stuff on the notebook preinstalled, which may now block something?
    IF you ping the server from the client, is the correct machine answering?
    Olaf
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:53 PM