none
TechNet/MSDN Forum Pages Out of Date

General discussion

• Something has changed in the TechNet and MSDN forums in the last day that makes it very difficult to scan for recent threads. Every page of threads I go to, in every view, forum, or filter, most of the time the list is many hours old. I need to refresh the page at least once, sometimes 3 or 4 times before the threads are correct. Until I refresh, I am seeing how the page looked many hours ago. Whenever I go to the next page of threads I must first check the time of the last reply on the last thread, then on the next page make sure the first thread is only a few minutes later. Often the first thread on the next page is 10 or more hours later. Only after refreshing a few times do I see the correct threads. This becomes very time consuming. I am sure many people don't pay attention and miss many threads.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:51 AM

All replies

• Yes, it's been going on all day. It took about ten emails to convince them something was wrong and finally this AM they escalated to engineering. The list views are just not getting updated. Probably the search service is broken again.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:55 AM
  • +1

Cheers,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:11 AM
  • Yes, I see the same problem.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:26 PM
  • The forum administrators emailed me that engineering believes the issue is mitigated. I have not had to refresh a page in the last 30 minutes or so to see the correct threads. I believe the issue is resolved.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, March 10, 2017 12:04 AM