none
Windows Vista (TM) Build 6002 This copy of Windows is not genuine

Question

• Alright so yeah seems like I could have used search, I did and my problem is different as it asks me to reinstall and that's as far as that goes, I can't open anything to help me activate it, and it wont let me enter my product key. What happened was Windows would not longer connect to wireless networks and I reinstalled (without use of a dvd drive) and basically have 2 installs of windows vista, the second (new) install was working perfectly except it just would not realize that I had a nvidia graphics chip, not matter how many times I re/installed drivers, so I selected the old windows install, then next time I select the new install, it recognized the nvidia drivers and my display settings were perfect and so was my network problems, all fixed...until I shut the new install down and use it the next day, it starts but the display is shut off, no light or anything after that windows vista loading black screen, the display shuts totally off, I can hear the normal windows start up sounds and even log in, but the display is not on. Old install of windows still works so I used that, everything was fine, then I try new install, not windows is all bunged up and needs to reinstall...again I don't have a dvd drive so this is somewhat of a pain to do. So i go back to the old install and get this Windows Vista (TM) Build 6002 This copy of Windows is not genuine. It will not let my enter an activation key or do anything I have seen suggested here and I don't want to start entering dos commands that "may" help someone elses problem but is not specific to mine.

sorry for the grammar, punctuation, blah blah blah

kindest regards, Chris

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:34 PM

Answers

All replies