Problem with hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• I have Acer H340 WHS server with 4 bay. All bays are full and there are 4 Western digital 1TB HDD's. In one bay not lights on (sometimes are violet light). I tried to change HDD but always same. Where are one particular HD there are always problem with light. (It's not system drive). In same time under console shows manaer that all hard drives are ok. Any suggestions? 

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 10:11 PM

All replies

• I have Acer H340 WHS server with 4 bay. All bays are full and there are 4 Western digital 1TB HDD's. In one bay not lights on (sometimes are violet light). I tried to change HDD but always same. Where are one particular HD there are always problem with light. (It's not system drive). In same time under console shows manaer that all hard drives are ok. Any suggestions? 

If I read your post corrctly - you have tried swapping hard disks around and the indicator LED for a specific drive bay is still inoperative. I would say that your Acer machine has a blown LED in the drive bay concerned. If it's under warranty, you have a claim against the seller, if not then any decent hardware bod ie. someone that is handy with a soldering iron, should be able to replace it for you.

By the way - you HAVE CHECKED both the appropriate connections and connectors?

Bill

Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:53 PM