DVD Recovery Crash RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a Evesham Laptop. 

Whilst using, Windows (XP) kept crashing, so I put the DVD recovery disc in to re-instal Windows XP.

Everything was going fine until there was 13 mins left of the main installation, then the Laptop Crashed and the screen froze.  After a long time, still stuck on 13 mins, I had no choice but to turn the PC off and try again.

When i switch it on now, it goes to CD Rom Boot, then turns itself off.

Can anyone please help and reply with any suggestions? 

Many Thanks.

Friday, January 23, 2009 7:10 AM

Answers

• This is the Windows Home Server forum. Are you trying to restore your laptop using a Windows Home Server backup? Or are you trying to recover it using a manufacturer supplied system recovery disc? In the latter case, you should contact the manufacturer (Evesham?) for support.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, January 23, 2009 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    maybe your hardware (disk?) is broken.

does it still boot from the DVD and allows you to use Advanced Disk Management console to delete and recreate the system volume for the laptop before attempting another restore?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Friday, January 23, 2009 11:15 AM
  • This is the Windows Home Server forum. Are you trying to restore your laptop using a Windows Home Server backup? Or are you trying to recover it using a manufacturer supplied system recovery disc? In the latter case, you should contact the manufacturer (Evesham?) for support.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, January 23, 2009 3:40 PM