Why doesn't Microsoft Streets and Trips 2011 work with Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• You are now chatting with 'Sean'.

Sean: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat!  How can I help you today?

You: Is Microsoft Streets and Trips 2011 compatible with Windows 7?  I can't get the DVD or downloaded program to work.  Microsoft Visual C++ doesn't load correctly.

Sean: I'd be happy to answer questions about that software today!

Sean: Yes it is. Did you purchase that from our site?

Sean: We haven't heard from you in a while. Would you like to continue to chat?

Sean: We still have not heard from you in over three minutes. If you do not respond within the next 60 seconds the chat will automatically disconnect. Do you still wish to continue chatting?

Sean: Due to inactivity, we will now disconnect the chat. Please chat with us again if you have other questions! Thanks!

I purchased the DVD a couple of years ago and used it with Windows XP.  I recently got a new laptop so I uninstalled it from the old laptop and tried to install it on the new Windows 7 laptop.  I assumed that the DVD was damaged so I downloaded Streets and Trips 2011 but got the same error.  Last night I downloaded the 2013 trial software and it works well.  I would rather uninstall 2013 and use 2011 to save $40. 

Friday, December 21, 2012 5:51 AM