Can we have a url on fetch xml report? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Pradnya,

Yes, this is correct way to do it but I guess your parameter setting just got syntax error so can you please provide what is present in your action -> go to URL property.

try to resolve syntax error alternatively provide what is you type and we can see if there is any obvious syntax error in your parameter setting.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Friday, April 11, 2014 11:01 AM
    Answerer
  • thanks for your reply Mayank , now i am coming with a different error

My CRMURL default value contains as below

on the report design as above post right  clicked on the parentcontactid - Action - Go to URL

=Parameters!CRMURL.Value & “?ID={” & Fields!parentcontactidValue.Value.ToString() &“}&OTC=2”

this helped to upload my fetch xml report which gave a hyperlink on Applicant name

which took me to below error

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Pradnya07

Friday, April 11, 2014 11:12 AM
  • below is the warning that i get when i run the report

Pradnya07

Friday, April 11, 2014 12:09 PM
  • Parameters!CRMURL.Value will be available (i.e it will contain value) only when executed from with CRM (i.e from CRM reports). Since you are executing the report directly form 'Business Intelligent Studio' it will have null value and hence it through the error.

The Goto URL expression should be something below as best practice

=IIF(IsNothing(Parameters!CRM_URL.Value), Nothing, Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={" & Fields!<your guid here>.Value.ToString() & "}&OTC=2")

As you see above, if Parameters!CRM_URL.Value doesn't contain value the hyperlink will not be available to make sure that we don't end up in incorrect URL. 

Friday, April 11, 2014 3:36 PM