CRM 2011 Developer Toolkit: How to add existing plugin to current solution? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was trying to use CRM 2011 Developer toolkit today, but I have issue to add existing plugin assembly to my new solution.

This is what I found from Microsoft website:

But my plug-in assembly shows as second one which means not part of current solution. So how to add them to current solution?

Also, when I right click any pluins, I didn't 'add plugin','edit plugin','delete plugin' option in my solution, only 'refresh'. So what wrong with it? and what should I do? All I did is create a new Visual studio solution template for Dynamics CRM 2011, then set the connection. All webresources and workflow are fine but plugin.

Need help. Thanks.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can't add an existing plugin without adding the code files to your project and then configuring the register.xml with the correct registration and steps.

I suggest that unless you are very experienced with the Developer Toolkit, the easiest way would be to use the File->Add->Plugin and simply copy the code from your existing plugin into the new class that is created.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by howexg9 Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:18 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:35 AM
    Answerer