none
Posts missing Headers RRS feed

• Question

• When i expand threads in the main view, all the posts header are missing. Happens in IE 9 as well as Firefox 13, whether i'm logged in or not. When i open a thread on an extra tab, everything is fine.

thanks, Denniver

Blog: http://bytecookie.wordpress.com

Hilf mit und markiere hilfreiche Beiträge als "Hilfreich" und Beiträge die deine Frage ganz oder teilweise beantwortet haben als "Antwort".

Friday, June 15, 2012 10:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• I see the same. Looks like a bug. I thought this worked fine in the past.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:58 PM

It did - this was introduced in the latest forums update, from a couple of days ago.

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Friday, June 15, 2012 5:50 PM

It did - this was introduced in the latest forums update, from a couple of days ago.

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Why I might ask. I like to see who answered the post without opening a new tab.

Expression Web MVP

Friday, June 15, 2012 6:46 PM

• Why I might ask. I like to see who answered the post without opening a new tab.

Expression Web MVP

That's actually the way I work normally.  I almost never open new tabs for posts - I spend 95% of my time on the forums in "My Forums Threads" or "My Threads" ;)

Friday, June 15, 2012 6:50 PM
  • >I spend 95% of my time on the forums in "My Forums Threads" or "My Threads" ;)

Me too. It's obviously a bug, but it's been around for a while. I noticed it from time to time, but now it seems to be permanent.

Denniver

Hilf mit und markiere hilfreiche Beiträge als "Hilfreich" und Beiträge die deine Frage ganz oder teilweise beantwortet haben als "Antwort".

Friday, June 15, 2012 9:04 PM
  • I've had this problem as well with Firefox 12, starting
    a few days ago. Note that when the thread is expanded
    via the dropdown arrow and the post headings are missing,
    clicking on "Next" at the right for the "Recent Visitors"
    (Recent Moderators/Top Answerers) apparently causes a
    refresh and the post headers appear - until you expand
    the next thread, when you have to repeat this step.

- Wayne
    • Edited by WayneAKing Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:11 PM
    Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:04 PM
  • I see this problem on two computers and my iPod, in any browser I care to try. I can only assume that it is currently a universal problem. I'm not about to open every thread in a new tab, but I'd like to know who posted responses. As it stands, other than the last person to reply, I cannot identify any posters unless they use a signature. This forum software just keeps getting worse. It has always had problems, but I enjoy the interaction enough to keep coming back. If things continue in this vein, pretty soon the aggravation will more than offset any satisfaction, and drive me away.

Jim

'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. Thomas Paine

Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:11 AM
  • Looks OK for me now. I am using Google Chrome and I view the thread by clicking on the thread and opening it.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:07 AM
  • >I view the thread by clicking on the thread and opening it.

AFAIK, nobody has reported having a problem with viewing
    threads *by opening them*. The problem is when you *expand*
    a thread *in the thread list* via the dropdown arrow at the
    upper left. That expands the thread *within* the thread
    list, and is where the problem exists.

- Wayne
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:02 AM
  • Nope, it's still there.

Sunday, June 17, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Yes, I've just tested inline and the headers are missing. I personally rarely use inline, I prefer to open the thread. 

My blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012 2:25 PM
  • Allright, i think we established that its obviously a bug (if not its a very odd feature).

So it would be cool if soemone from the forums-team could acknowledge that and add it to the bug list, so we can move on.

Brent? Ed?

Thanks, Denniver

Sunday, June 17, 2012 9:36 PM
  • Allright, i think we established that its obviously a bug (if not its a very odd feature).

So it would be cool if soemone from the forums-team could acknowledge that and add it to the bug list, so we can move on.

Brent? Ed?

Thanks, Denniver

Hello. I'm actually not on the forums team. I'm on SQL Server. I'm a design PM.

What should be there? The image of the poster and profile link like what's on the individual thread pages?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:16 AM
  • Yes, the same info as when you open a thread - it should work the same way inline.

My blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:25 AM
  • >What should be there?

The poster's avatar, name and stats.

>The image of the poster and profile link like what's
    >on the individual thread pages?

Yes.

Here's what your post looks like:

Here's what your post *should* look like:

- Wayne

Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:25 AM
  • Wow, did you Photoshop that?

Submitting this as a bug. This is great. I can just copy and paste this in.

I verified that this bug appears in the three main brands... Microsoft, TechNet, and MSDN.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:33 AM
  • Okay, I submitted a bug request.

Special thanks to Wayne and Denniver for some dandy detective work. Seriously, usually I have to do that stuff.

Thanks!

Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:42 AM
  • Wow, did you Photoshop that?

Nope. Much simpler: I did a screen/window capture of your
    post using MWSnap with this thread expanded *in* the main
    thread list and the headings missing. Then I clicked on
    "Next" beside "Recent Visitors", which causes the post
    headers to magically appear. Then I took a screen capture
    of that.

- Wayne
    • Proposed as answer by Naomi N Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:42 AM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:21 AM
  • UPDATE: This is a known issue. A planned fix is currently scheduled for the end of this month.

Thanks!

Thursday, June 21, 2012 4:52 AM