none
System halted when setup Sora peers

Question

• I have installed all the drivers and hardware, however, when I tried to setup the IP address and subnet mask, the system crashed for many times. And when restart it, I can't access the system. I wonder if the driver is uncompatible or my ddk version isn't correct. Currently, I've tried WDK 7100,6100,2600, etc.

Also, I have change the RX gain to 0x1000.

Would anyone  tell me why this happen and is there a potential solution?

Thanks a lot!

Monday, July 12, 2010 3:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Cory,

Our group meets the same problem of computer hanging when configuring IP for both 802.11a/b. Your solution works:

It actually has nothing to do with stucking at carrier-sense state for our case.

I disabled the virtual ethernet driver in safe mode with networking and configured the IP. Then I relogin in normal mode. The IP was correctly configured and my 802.11b can work now!

The problem is I cannot use either ipconfig or network connections(in control pannel) to check and change the status of my connection. Each time I try to do that, my computer hangs and I have to go to safe mode to reconfigure IP again. But this is good enough for now. I am just wondering that whether you have figured this problem out(configure the IP in normal mode)?

I think this is because of the specific type of our computers and just confirm this useful solution in case others meet the same problem.

Thanks,

Tan

Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:19 AM

All replies

• 1. Are you using the correct version of Sora SDK? it should be in version 1.0.2.

2. Is your hardware in correct state, please follow the user guide and check the switches, LEDs, ...

3. Try to uninstall the drivers in Safe Mode. And install the drivers again.

4. The WDK we are using is 7600.16385.0

Monday, July 12, 2010 8:01 AM
  • I have installed all the drivers and hardware, however, when I tried to setup the IP address and subnet mask, the system crashed for many times. And when restart it, I can't access the system. I wonder if the driver is uncompatible or my ddk version isn't correct. Currently, I've tried WDK 7100,6100,2600, etc.

Also, I have change the RX gain to 0x1000.

Would anyone  tell me why this happen and is there a potential solution?

Thanks a lot!

My group is having similar issues; we are running 1.0.2 SDK and the correct WDK. It appears that the third core of our computer (a HP Z200 workstation) is at 100% CPU usage and causing the system to hang. Looking at a debug of the kernal, there appears to be an infinite loop going on in the MAC carrier sense state that hangs the computer and disallows input from the user, i.e. any changes to the config, or basically anything except manually turning the computer off.

We tried uninstalling the drivers in Safe Mode, and reinstalling the drivers; it made no difference. The LED's check out.

I think Jaimie might be having the same problem.

Monday, July 12, 2010 8:43 PM
  • Hi, Cory,

We actually use the WDK 7600 and our hardware is in the correct state (LED,Swicthes...). At first, when I tried to setup the IPs, the system always halted. Then, I disable the SDR ethernet driver in safe mode with nerwork connecting ,set the IPs and restart it. Then, in the normal mode I enable the driver again and it can work now!

Besides, you need modify the rxgain to a lower level which is stated in the user guide.

Maybe you can try in this way.

Jaimie

• Proposed as answer by Tan Zhang Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:12 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:57 AM
  • Hi Cory,

try to reduce the rxgain, using both dot11config --rxpa and dot11config --rxgain. The default setting is a little too high that the radio could always sense energy and therefore is not able to jump out from the carrier sense state.

-Jiansong

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:02 AM
  • Hi Cory,

Our group meets the same problem of computer hanging when configuring IP for both 802.11a/b. Your solution works:

It actually has nothing to do with stucking at carrier-sense state for our case.

I disabled the virtual ethernet driver in safe mode with networking and configured the IP. Then I relogin in normal mode. The IP was correctly configured and my 802.11b can work now!

The problem is I cannot use either ipconfig or network connections(in control pannel) to check and change the status of my connection. Each time I try to do that, my computer hangs and I have to go to safe mode to reconfigure IP again. But this is good enough for now. I am just wondering that whether you have figured this problem out(configure the IP in normal mode)?

I think this is because of the specific type of our computers and just confirm this useful solution in case others meet the same problem.

Thanks,

Tan

Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:19 AM