Intaller won't pause long enough to connect to locked network RRS feed

• Question

• During installation it gets to the desktop page, then in a few seconds moves on to a screen that says continuing the installation.  The screen has a "Back" button, which does not function.  Then after several seconds an "Error occurred during installation" screen appears that says "Cannot find a network connection", with a restart button.   When it restarts, it gets back to the desktop, but does not pause long enough for me to open the network and install the key.  Just keeps looping through.  Not impressed with all the installation bugs in this software.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 10:33 PM

All replies

• You will need to connect your server to your network using a wired connection for installation.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 3:02 AM
  • It is a wired connection, but it is secured, so in order for the server to join, I have to enter a long encryption key.  I guess I'll just have to unencrypt it so that it can connect and then resecure it afterward.  It just seems so clunky not to be able to stop the process long enough to enter a key.  And to have a back button that doesn't work is just lame.  Sorry for the rant (it's in case anyone from MS actually reads these posts), and thanks for taking the time to respond.
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:48 PM