none
Studying for MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I started reading the Microsoft pub book for 70-680 in February and finally finished the book in July.  I took notes on each chapter, not to review but to keep my focus.  I then went back and completed the labs.  I found the book half-way decent, but many of the labs gave me the wrong information leading me to look up the solution online. 

When I was finished reading the book I took a boot camp at CED Solutions in Atlanta.  They knew what they were doing, in 5 days they gave me all the necessary information, tools and labs to cover 70-680 and 70-686.  By the end of the 5 days I passed both tests with scores over 900 each!  I now have my MCITP in Windows 7!!  CED took care of airfare, breakfast and lunch, transportation from my hotel to CED allowing me focus on my goal of getting certified.

I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had experience in self-studying verses formal training like CED?  I'm thinking next time I will quickly skim through the Microsoft press books and put my trust in the boot camp.  It was hard work, but very doable...  I should have stayed for the Windows 2008 R2 boot camp too.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:51 PM

Answers

• Each of us learns differently.  Some benefit from a formal class, where others have both the discipline and ability to learn by self study.  I've passed several exams through self-study using the MS Press books, doing the labs in the books, and by using the self-test software that comes with them.

Given your high scoors, it sounds like a classroom situation works best for you.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:15 PM
    Answerer