none
CRM 2011 Change URL

Question

• Hi I have a question regarding to CRM 2011. When I have installed CRM I have address simillar to this one: http://servername/organizationname/

I would like to change the Servername to CRM. I have tried to bind name in IIS7. Then change in registry the servername for new one. And in deployment manager change URL address but it didn't helps. I also add CRM entry in DNS server to indicate the server but it also didnt help.

Could you please help me to solve it.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 10:48 AM

Answers

• Thanks Jamie for help. This article give me direction to another article. Now I solved the issue. If anybody would like to find here are steps:

• Update the IIS bindings for the CRM 2011 website on the server running CRM to the new value you want to use
      • Open IIS Manager
      • Select the Microsoft Dynamics CRM website
      • Click ‘Bindings’ in the action panel at the right of the screen
      • Select the binding to modify
      • Click ‘Edit’ and modify the host name and port to the new value.
      • Close the dialog and IIS Manager.
    • Update the ServerURL registry entry with the new URL you want to use. The registry entry can be found at KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM. Note that the key value should be of the form http(s)://<New URL>:<Port Number>/MSCRMServices
    • Modify the global settings for CRM from within the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager*:
      • Start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager
      • Right-click on the ‘Microsoft Dynamics CRM’ entry at the top of the left pane of the window shown
      • Click ‘Properties’
      • Select the ‘Web Address’ tab on the dialog which is shown
      • Modify the addresses shown appropriately. Note that if the binding type is modified from HTTP to HTTPS you will need to install the appropriate certificate into IIS as well.
      • Click OK to close the dialog and close Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager
    • Restart the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service, or restart the server

Then Add entry to DNS :

sth, crm, dev, auth, to indicate to server IP

Then go to registry:

In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
    Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
    Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
    In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
    Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.

Thanks all for help.

• Marked as answer by dborkiewicz Monday, September 12, 2011 1:23 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 1:23 PM

All replies