SSRS data connector issue on email subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I can view all report in CRM but when configure the report scheduling for email delivery it hit error. SMTP is working. Report server under load balancing of 2 cluster.

The error log has sentence like this:

ERROR: An exception has occurred in data source 'DataSource1'. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.DataExtensionNotFoundException:
    An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'MSCRM' that is either not registered for this report server or is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.

I noticed that in rsreportserver.config there is a section for data extension. one of the line shown like this:

<Extension Name="MSCRM" Type="Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataConnector.SrsExtConnection,Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataConnector"/>

which I think is correctly configured.
    Anything else did I missed?

thanks

Monday, December 14, 2009 9:21 AM

Answers

• To configure report scheduling of a CRM report, you will need to first select the Action to Schedule the report from the CRM reports module.  Please see this post for more information on scheduling reports in CRM.  Report scheduling for CRM works a bit differently than 'general' sql report scheduling.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:12 PM

All replies

• no one reply? anyone there?
    Monday, December 21, 2009 7:26 AM
  • I think that problem is not related to MS CRM. I would like to suggest to ask SSRS group: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/threads
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Monday, December 21, 2009 11:13 PM
  • Thanks I posted a similar question to SSRS forum..

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:36 AM
  • To configure report scheduling of a CRM report, you will need to first select the Action to Schedule the report from the CRM reports module.  Please see this post for more information on scheduling reports in CRM.  Report scheduling for CRM works a bit differently than 'general' sql report scheduling.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:12 PM