Client backup fails at approx. ~13% due to unknown error! RRS feed

• Question

• Since upgrading my HP EX470 to WHS 2011 server, I have not been able to successfully back up any of my 2 client computers.  When I attempt to run a backup, the server completes up to just ~13% of the backup, but then it appears to crash. I don’t know exactly what that failure consists but I think it's due to the Windows Server Client  Computer Backup failing. When I review the backup details it just states "An unknown error prevented backup from completing successfully" - I'm at a bit of a loss as to what could be causing this error. Does anybody have any ideas?

After waiting a while I can then repeat the backup which once again fails. I've checked all hard drives which all appear to be ok. I am running the latest version of WHS with all updates & have a 1TB & 0.5TB Hard Discs with a 3TB Server Backup. 

My old version of WHS v 1 worked perfectly for 2+ years so I am not used to problems. I'm am hopeful that it's just a simple setup issue; I just don't know what to do next. Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot, or what to try next?

Thanks

Phil

Saturday, January 7, 2012 2:30 AM