Cannot Publish photos via email to Windows Photo Gallery

• Hi I'v enabled Email publishing in my options and I've been trying to send pictures via my email client (Outlook Express) to windows gallery via my Gmail account - however everytime I try I get a failure noticd from gmail as below:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for 14).

I've changed the email link to hide the actual album name and album code. I'm on WinXP SP2 with IE8 and Outlook Express installed (I'm using a Pentium 3 - hence the strange combination)

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Monday, May 10, 2010 6:44 PM

All replies

• You can email your LOG file to

Developers may be able to tell you why it's not working...

I hope this helps...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:08 PM
  • I too have tried pushing up a photo via email publishing and am getting failure messages as well.

I really want to start utilizing Windows Live now that I have a decent phone w/camera.

Where do I find the log you mention to send into the DEV team.

HELP!!  This is a great service!!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:59 AM
  • You can find your LOG file by opening up Writer, going to Help > About Windows Live Writer and then clicking the "Show log file" link in the About dialog.

I hope this helps...

Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:30 AM
  • Thank you Larry for the reply.

I am trying to publish a photo from my phone's email client, not Windows Live Writer.

I had an older Windows phone I could publish directly from that without any problem.  I recently bought a Palm Pre Plus with a pretty decent camera and was a little dismayed email publishing would not work.  I keep getting emails bounced back like the address doesn't exist.  It's not my phone either, I try sending it from my computer's email client... it also bounces.  I don't think email publishing works any more for the time being while they are rolling out other products or improvements.

I would like to publish on the go, not save it all and go back to my laptop or desktop and arrange pictures from there THEN upload.

I'm trying to cut out the extra step and have a email publish directly to a desired folder on Windows Live Spaces (like it says you can do with the E-Mail publishing feature found in Options.).

I've since done some research on some other sites (Flickr) and they have a direct email publishing model AND it works with my phone.  Now I like Windows Live Services better than Flickr, I think Windows is a superior service.  However, I have a trip coming up and I don't want to be weighed down with a bunch of extra equipment (phone, camera, laptop) when I can take pictures with my phone and directly upload it for my mom to see back here on the mainland.

Anyhow, I love Windows Live and I am really hoping this gets straightened out within the next 10 days.  Aloha!!

Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:07 AM
  • This is the Windows Live Writer Forum; for topics pertaining to 'Windows Live Writer'. This forum is meant to be a resource for those who are looking for more information about Writer or want to start a discussion with the Writer team and other people using Writer.

Reference Link(s):

For everything Windows LIVE [apps and services]

For General Microsoft topics...

Hope this helps. 
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:22 AM
  • Thanks again Larry.  I will be checking into this frontend.  It does sound intriguing.  I hope they have a Windows Live Writer for WinMo7.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:37 PM