Username & password RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 computers attached to my home server all with Windows 7.  I have ensured that the user name and password on the server match that of each of the three computers.. I Have looked at some of the posts here and still cannot connect without having to logon to the server.  Any ideas?
    Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:35 PM

All replies

• I have 3 computers attached to my home server all with Windows 7.  I have ensured that the user name and password on the server match that of each of the three computers.. I Have looked at some of the posts here and still cannot connect without having to logon to the server.  Any ideas?
    What is the exact error message you get when you try to open the shares?  Maybe the user name (which is different than the display name) on the clients doesn't match the user name on the server.  See this FAQ post for details on how to check that.
    Sunday, July 25, 2010 6:49 PM
  • The error says they don't match, and yes I checked the username vs display name out and the username is exactly same
    Monday, July 26, 2010 5:57 PM
  • The error says they don't match, and yes I checked the username vs display name out and the username is exactly same
    Have you tried creating a new user on the server, creating the same new user on a client, and see if that works?
    Monday, July 26, 2010 7:47 PM
  • The actual error says the Passwords don't match and if I click on the baloon it pops up and I can set my computer to password of server or set server password to my computers or do nothing.  I have done the first and still get this error, then I have done the second and still get this message.  And both of those ask for both your computer and server passwords which I type as the same.

This is not too big of a deal, really in-convienent as if I log off the pc and back on I have to manually connect to server share which will ask me for user and password, then it is ok until I log off again.

Friday, August 6, 2010 7:36 PM
  • I am still having this issue and was just checking if anyone else has found a solution?
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:24 PM
  • Had similar problem on one pc, went and repaired the connector software and also updated the user password on the pc with the same identical password as before. I also noticed that the PC's date and time were way off, so fixed that as well. Problem went away.
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:40 PM