Can't access files on Windows Home Server from Win 7 PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,
    I get an access error when I try to access a previoulsy accesable folder on an HP MediaSmart server running WHS from Win 7 Pc's.
    I can access the server and see the folders.
    I can access the folders from only one account on 1 pc on my network.  Before I can even view the folders I have to log in.  The PC's that aren't working do not ask for this.
    The permissions are set correctly on the server.  This just happened out of the blue it seems.  I changed nothing.
    The only way I can access these folders is to create new accounts on the server as well as the pc's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Dana
    • Moved by Lisa M-Microsoft Support Thursday, January 7, 2010 7:28 PM home server (From:Security, Privacy, and User Accounts)
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 12:01 AM

Answers

• Hello All,
    I get an access error when I try to access a previoulsy accesable folder on an HP MediaSmart server running WHS from Win 7 Pc's.

What is the exact error message?

I can access the server and see the folders.
    I can access the folders from only one account on 1 pc on my network.  Before I can even view the folders I have to log in.  The PC's that aren't working do not ask for this.
    The permissions are set correctly on the server.  This just happened out of the blue it seems.  I changed nothing.
    The only way I can access these folders is to create new accounts on the server as well as the pc's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Dana
    Is the Guest account on your server enabled?  If so, what happens if you disable it, then reboot all computers (the server and all clients)?  Also, you might check the FAQ post:  How to fix share access issues where user name and password are requested for a possible fix.
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 7:27 PM