none
missing or corrupt .msi file RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to update my current version of Intel(R) WiDi software on a Toshiba Satellite P755.  After updating the graphics drivers successfully, I downloaded the WiDi software update, but when I try to install it, I get the following error:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to folder containing the installation package 'Intel(R) WiDi.msi in the box below.

The path in which it's looking is:

C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\sefA63D.tmp\  

...but it doesn't find the .msi file and prompts me to try to browse to another location to find it.  The Toshiba technician I spoke to agrees that the file appears to be missing or corrupt, but couldn't help me in terms of replacing it.  BTW, I get the same error if I try to uninstall Intel WiDi.  WiDi is currently installed and runs correctly, but is an earlier version so I get prompted to update it which results in this error.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Monday, January 30, 2012 4:30 PM off topic (From:TechNet Website Feedback)
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:59 PM

All replies