User creation Issue? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am creating user by import data. 

the csv file provides User Name,First Name,Last Name,Employee,parentuser,Primary Department.

a plugin is there to set the business unit as parentuser business unt.

when i import the csv file , its showing a message "the user belongs to a different business unit than the role". but its actuallly creating a user.

Please help me to solve this issue.

thanks

regard

Sangram

microsoft blog

Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:02 PM

All replies

• Just want to point out something that most people may not realize.  When you have multiple business units, and you see the same security role name (for example sales person) in each of the business units, it really isn't the same security role.  It is a replicated copy.  If you look in the database, the sales person security roles will have different guid's.

I had some developers who did not realize that there were multiple security roles with the same name but different guid's that were assigned to specific business units.  They thought there was only a single copy of each security role name for all the business units.

What is likely happening is that during the import, the users are being set to the top level business unit, and then the plug in is attempting to assign the security role from the wrong business unit because it was retrieved by role name.

You will need to make sure that when you query the database for your security role, that you retrieve the correct one that pertains to the business unit that the user is getting assigned to.  So it means an additional step to look for the business unit as well.

If you run a platform trace while this happens, you could see what the guid is for the security role that is being assigned and then query the database for the role and confirm what business unit it belongs to.

Jason Peterson

Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:24 PM