Time Synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• This may be something that most technical folks do other ways, but for home users with a couple of PCs, having part of the connection process to the home server take care of syncing the time on the local PC would seem to be useful.  Perhaps even a way to set what machine the home server gets its updates from would be good too.

GM

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:53 AM

All replies

• I agree, it'd be a pretty nifty feature and from the looks of it it's already on Connect. Feel free to vote for it.
    Friday, March 16, 2007 4:09 AM
  • Pretty much every modern PC already syncs with an NTP server somewhere. For home PCs that's likely to be a server on the internet. Configuring an NTP server isn't difficult, but why mess with something that works for the vast majority of people today?
    Friday, March 16, 2007 12:21 PM
  • I disagree. Having a single reference time is something very logical for WHS to provide. In and AD domain it would certainly do that.
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 11:27 AM
  • I like the time sync Idea. I always have one of my computers with the wrong time.

Dawg.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 4:40 AM
  • I agree, Dawg, this would be a great feature; like you, one of my computers seems to be 5 minutes off every day.
    Angie
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 1:10 PM