Regarding the Data migration tool in CRM 4.0.Urgent!!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I came to know that the data migration tool in CRM is used to transfer datas from some other system to a CRM system.

Can i transfer datas from a Microsoft NAV system to a MS CRM 4.0 using this tool?

If yes,How can i do it?

say, i want to import the contacts and customers from the NAV system to the CRM 4.0

Waiting for a reply.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Data Migration Manager is a tool that you can use to import a set of data into Dynamics CRM. The data has to be in csv files, one per each entity that you want to import data into. Then you will start the wizard and map the columns of the csv file to fields on Dynamics CRM.

If you are capable of exporting contacts and accounts from NAV in a csv format, which I believe you can, you will be able to use this tool to import tha data in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and even keep the relantionship between account and contacts. Take a look to this video which shows how to use the tool http://www.dynamicscrmkicks.com/configuration/VIDEO_Dynamics_CRM_Data_Migration_Manager.aspx

However, if you are looking for a more complex migration with transformation or for a synchronization mechanism between NAV and CRM. There are other comercial tools that can do this tasks better like Scribe, Import Manager (CrmExtensions) or Celenia connector.

Hope it helps,

Marco

DynamicCrmKicks

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The Data Migration Manager is a tool that you can use to import a set of data into Dynamics CRM. The data has to be in csv files, one per each entity that you want to import data into. Then you will start the wizard and map the columns of the csv file to fields on Dynamics CRM.

If you are capable of exporting contacts and accounts from NAV in a csv format, which I believe you can, you will be able to use this tool to import tha data in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and even keep the relantionship between account and contacts. Take a look to this video which shows how to use the tool http://www.dynamicscrmkicks.com/configuration/VIDEO_Dynamics_CRM_Data_Migration_Manager.aspx

However, if you are looking for a more complex migration with transformation or for a synchronization mechanism between NAV and CRM. There are other comercial tools that can do this tasks better like Scribe, Import Manager (CrmExtensions) or Celenia connector.

Hope it helps,

Marco

DynamicCrmKicks

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:52 AM
  • Can we use this tool to transfer datas from a CRM system to another CRM system?

(Like from an Old version CRM system to a New version CRM system)

Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:26 AM