optionset so complicated !!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get the text from an option set in CRM 2015 Online. I need to obtain Payment Terms Code from Quotes.

I'm using XRM from c#, so to get the value from an optio nset I use: Quote.PaymentTermsCode.Value, but with this option I get the value of the index in the option set, but what I need to get is the text. It's so complicate to put a method that says "Text" or "getText" ?????

I read something about Xrm.page, but I access CRM using xrm, so I can't use Javascript.

I read something to create some methods GetOptionsetText using  IOrganizationService, but it's complicated.

Why not a text or getText method???

There are not an easy option?

Thanks

santiago

Monday, June 22, 2015 4:06 PM

All replies

• I agree, it can be complicated.  Have you tried the FormattedValues object?  For a Quote you referenced, it would be something like.

string x = Quote.FormattedValues["paymenttermscode"];

I think this only works if you have the classes for your CRM created by the CrmSvcUtil, but it's a lot simpler that trying to query the metadata.

Good Luck!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:16 PM
  • FormattedValues works also with late bound (so without the classes generated by CrmSvcUtil)

If your organization use only the base language and you code is not running in a strange place (like an update plugin) you can use FormattedValues.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - CRM Theme Generator

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Chris,

It doesn't work:

If I try this: string x = Quote.FormattedValues["FreightTermsCode"];

appears this error: The key provided was not found in the dictionary.

but If I try this: int envio = Quote.FreightTermsCode.Value;

It works, so the key "FreightTermsCode" exists in the dictionary, so Why FormattedValues doesn't work?

Thanks

santiago

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:57 PM
  • Keys are case sensitive...so it has to be all lower case.  Give that a try and let us know if that works.

string x = Quote.FormattedValues["freighttermscode"];

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 2:08 PM
  • because you need to write it lowercase

string x = Quote.FormattedValues["freighttermscode"];

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - CRM Theme Generator

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 2:09 PM