none
Unable to upload a file attachment to thread RRS feed

• Question

• I know that they say that there is not such thing as a dumb question but I think I have one. I have been working with another support person who asked me to zip up my VS solution file and upload the zip to him. Well, I can't see how to go about on the uploading part. I don't see a file attachment button on thread reply menu??? How do I upload/attache a file to the thread?

Thank you,

RickerOne

Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is no way currently to upload a zip file to the thread directly. You need to find some website to upload it and provide a link. Say, dropbox site or similar free sites.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:13 PM
  • Wow! (on the quick reply that is) Can I get you to help with my current question? It is just that the current person helping only responds from the night shift (USA time) and he only seems to reply to the thread once per day. Last night I stayed up looking for a reply and it came in relay late. This is where the request to upload a zip file came in from, so I need to make sure that he gets it before I loose another day for a simple reply or clerification. Is this how priority support is handled for MSDN Premium/Ultimate customers? It has been really frustrating on getting any real support from Microsoft on my question that I posted on Monday. Anyways, it was nice to see a quick response on a question.

thank you,

RickerOne

• Edited by Ricker1One Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:30 PM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:30 PM
  • Please post a link to your thread then, but if the subject is not in the area of my expertise I would not be able to help.

UPDATE. I see this is WPF question http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/6226afc1-6512-40b0-98dc-bee52b84c650/#30917160-1e22-4015-8779-d8ad51fea268 and this is not something I can help you with, unfortunately.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:00 PM
  • Thank you for your attempt to help. Have a great day!

RickerOne

• Marked as answer by Ricker1One Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:04 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Naomi NModerator Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ricker1One Friday, March 23, 2012 8:11 PM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:04 PM