Using Windows service to run floating network licences RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for floating network licence software but cannot find one to suit my needs. Would it be possible to use a windows service to do this?

My program comprises 10 separate exes so any network user's PC could be using any or all of the 10, thus using 1 floating licence.

Once that PC closes all the exes the floating licence is released.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hi gjsimms,

Thank you for posting here.

>>I am looking for floating network licence software

You may need help from third-party software. Unfortunately, we do not provide help for third-party application, so I suggest you search online for network floating license software you need.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:04 AM
  • Indeed, I have looked online for 3rd party apps but, as I said, none meet my needs.

I am quite happy to try writing my own and the question was asking if using a Windows service might be a way to go.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:02 AM
  • Hi gjsimms,

To get more help with this problem, you can consider posting your question in developer community forum.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:51 AM