Unable to make calls between Cellular Emulator and Windows Mobile 6 Emulator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm stuck with Windows Cellular Emulator and Device Emulator (Image:Windows Mobile 6 Professional) setup. Cellular Emulator always work with COM3 as it shows DE:COM3 in its status bar. When i tried to configure Windows Mobile 6 Professional by following the menu File->Configure and then into Peripherals Tab as shown on the Emulator properties dialogue, i was wondering as it was showing only two serial ports against Serial Port 0 drop down selection as COM1 and COM2. Keep going i just typed down COM3 as shown by Cellular Emulator and finally gave it a soft reset. When the mobile emulator boot up it pop up the message           "57600 Default      Status: Connecting to Host" which i assumed its connected successfully to cellular emulator. But I'm not able to make calls and send texts between Cellular Emulator and Windows Mobile 6 Emulator.  I followed the instructions to setup bit by bit as found @t                                              http://www.devx.com/wireless/Article/40981/1954  and many other active forums. My setup details are as follows

Windows XP (x86) Professional guest OS [Usning Virtual PC] This is the machine where i have installed emulators.

Host OS Windows 7 x64

Any help/hint/tip would be highly appriciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Pribno

Monday, March 7, 2011 10:24 AM

Answers

All replies