Having Online/Offline View Problems? RRS feed

• General discussion

• First, I must apologize for the problems that many of you were encountering with the online/offline player the past few days.  My team does not host of directly support the online/offline player and I was unaware of these problems.  It was brought to my attention today that there were indeed problems with the offline viewer.  

On a positive note, I have received word from the team that supports the offline viewer that these issues were addressed as of this morning.

If you are still having problems, please contact me at learnmgr@microsoft.com and I will put you in touch with the team that supports this offline player.

Thanks!
    Alicia 
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:37 PM

All replies

• Alicia,

It's not the off line viewer that is causing the problems.  It's the on line viewer (on your server) that is not opening.  So, we cannot open any of our online E-Learning lessons...

I'm surprised that a world class organization such as yourselves could let this problem go on for over a week now. 

Please, please get some help on this.

I have already responded to learnmgr@microsoft as you recommended.  Let's get it fixed. Please.

thanks in advance,

jack ryder
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 5:58 PM
  • jackryder said:

Alicia,

It's not the off line viewer that is causing the problems.  It's the on line viewer (on your server) that is not opening.  So, we cannot open any of our online E-Learning lessons...

I'm surprised that a world class organization such as yourselves could let this problem go on for over a week now. 

Please, please get some help on this.

I have already responded to learnmgr@microsoft as you recommended.  Let's get it fixed. Please.

thanks in advance,

jack ryder

Hi Jack--

it's both online and offline viewers that are having problems.  These viewers do not reside on the servers that I support so please follow the instructions and email me at the address listed and you will be directed to the team that supports this.

I have editied my post to include both online and offline players.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:22 PM
  • I responded to this address as well.

When I try to access the course content in IE 7, it just gives me an error message.   When I try in either Chrome or Firefox, I get a message that tells me to install macromedia Flash, which I know I already have.  It also gives me this message when I try to download content to work offline - very confusing.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:34 PM
  • RobbinK said:

I responded to this address as well.

When I try to access the course content in IE 7, it just gives me an error message.   When I try in either Chrome or Firefox, I get a message that tells me to install macromedia Flash, which I know I already have.  It also gives me this message when I try to download content to work offline - very confusing.

Hi RobbinK-

Saw your mail have already responded to you. Let me know if you don't receive my mail.

Thanks-
    Alicia 
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:37 PM