Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.VisualStudio.Enterprise.ASPNetHelper RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to enable asp.net profiling on a handler I've created. I've adeed the relevant bits to my web.config but it cannot start up due to the below exception:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Enterprise.ASPNetHelper, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I've confirmed that the dll referenced is in the Visual Studio 9.0 Private Assemblies folder so I'm unsure why it is not picking it up. This is a VS development server launched from VS.

This is what I've added to my web.config to enable the profiling

<dependantAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentify name="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Enterprise.ASPNetHelper" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="Neutral"/>
        <codebase version="9.0.0.0" href="C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Enterprise.ASPNetHelper.DLL"/>
    </dependantAssembly>
    <appSettings>
    		<add key="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Enterprise.AspNetHelper.VsInstrLocation" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools\VSInstr.Exe"/>
    		<add key="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Enterprise.AspNetHelper.VsInstrTools" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools"/>
    </appSettings>
    <compilation assemblyPostProcessorType="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Enterprise.Common.AspPerformanceInstrumenter, Microsoft.VisualStudio.Enterprise.ASPNetHelper, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" debug="true">
    			<assemblies>
    				<add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    				<add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    				<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    				<add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    			</assemblies>
    </compilation>
    • Edited by jetuser Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:36 AM fixing markup
    • Moved by John Qiao Monday, April 4, 2011 1:43 AM (From:Team Foundation Server - General)
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Jetuser,

Thanks for your post.

In order to resolve this issue, I want to confirm with you that: Is this issue related to TFS? If so, what’s the version of your TFS?

If this issue relate to ASP.NET, I suggest you to post it at http://forums.asp.net for quicker and better response, where ASP.NET experts live in.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:06 AM