ItemChange class is not serializable RRS feed

• Question

•   I have tried with File WCF Synchronization with N-Tier apps. But the ItemChange class is not serializable. In my RemoteProviderProxy Class, will Implemente the TryGetDestinationVersion(ItemChange sourceChange,out ItemChange destinationVersion)

wcf client code:

public bool TryGetDestinationVersion(ItemChange sourceChange,out ItemChange destinationVersion){

return this.wcfclient.TryGetDestinationVersion(sourceChange,destinationVersion);

}

wcf server code:

FileProvider provider;

public bool TryGetDestinationVersion(ItemChange sourceChange,out ItemChange destinationVersion){

return provider.TryGetDestinationVersion(sourceChange,destinationVersion);

}

or TryGetDestinationVersion is called by the ProcessChangeBatch().

in the ProcessChangeBatch()

/*********
                changeApplier.ApplyChanges(resolutionPolicy, sourceChanges,
                    dataRetriever as IChangeDataRetriever, localVersions,
                    myKnowledge.Clone(),
                    destinationForgottenKnowledge, this, currentSessionContext, callbackProxy);

***********/

i cannot get the localVersions on the wcf client,so i use other  changeApplier.ApplyChanges

/*********
                changeApplier.ApplyChanges(resolutionPolicy, sourceChanges,
                    dataRetriever as IChangeDataRetriever, /*localVersions,*/
                    myKnowledge.Clone(),
                    destinationForgottenKnowledge, this, currentSessionContext, callbackProxy);

***********/

but it will call TryGetDestinationVersion.

1.how to get localVersions in the wcf client

or

2.how to serialize ItemChange

thanks.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:11 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:39 PM

All replies

• I'm developing a FileSync applincation by the 1.0 Sync101RCA_Cached sample 、ManagedNTFSSample and  WCF and the Sync Framework (Bryan Likes)  . but the  System.IO.Stream is not serializable.  

wcf server code:

public virtual void SaveItemChange(SaveChangeAction saveAction, ItemChange change, SaveChangeContext saveChangeContext)
            {
                // Extract the item change.
                // Note: Since our provider doesn't use CU, it is guaranteed that only one
                // change type will be present on the SaveChangeContext.

// Extract the data from the change.
                TransferMechanism data = saveChangeContext.ChangeData as TransferMechanism;

}

So i moved the SaveItemChange to the client RemoteProviderProxy Class.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:00 PM