Coding when website uses tabs RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to ask this before but never got the correct answer, most likely because of the way that I asked the question.  I am using VB2010.

I am trying to automate data entry into a secure website.  Everything is working fine until I get to a page that has a main frame at the top and includes three tabs (I will post the relevant part of the html code below.

My problem is that my code seems to see only the main frame and not the data fields located on the tabs.  When I manually access the website in IE, the "Location" tab is visible on the form when the page opens and you can start to enter data on it without selecting the tab.  However, viewing the webpage source does not reveal any of the data fields located on that tab (or any of the other tabs).

So my execution can't load values into any of the fields on the tabs.  How can I get access to the fields on the tabs?

Here is the source for the first part of the main frame that shows the code for the three tabs:

</form>
        <!-- BEGIN HEADER -->
        <div id="divDateQuotedString" style="display: none;">
        </div>
        <div id="divTabUrlsJSONString" style="display: none;">[{"TabText":"Location","URL":"Location.aspx?pageCd=policytabs","TabCd":"p_location","TabKey":"b1698611-ba07-4998-aa1b-9700c8fbcbe0","HasEditErrors":"False","HasUwErrors":"False","IsVisible":"True","TransTypeCd":"B","IsStartingTab":false},{"TabText":"Property","URL":"HO/HOPolicyProperty.aspx?pageCd=policytabs","TabCd":"hop_property","TabKey":"bd378167-e0d6-4333-b799-54b5a4a1fc07","HasEditErrors":"False","HasUwErrors":"False","IsVisible":"True","TransTypeCd":"B","IsStartingTab":false},{"TabText":"Coverages","URL":"Coverages.aspx?pageCd=policytabs","TabCd":"p_coverages","TabKey":"7cee9468-c588-4e5b-8dcb-493cb9d7fa3b","HasEditErrors":"False","HasUwErrors":"False","IsVisible":"True","TransTypeCd":"B","IsStartingTab":false},{"TabText":"UW Questions","URL":"HO/HOUWQuestions.aspx?pageCd=policytabs","TabCd":"hop_uwquestions","TabKey":"34a1ff92-f0cb-4616-b4dd-4fadbd18b573","HasEditErrors":"False","HasUwErrors":"False","IsVisible":"True","TransTypeCd":"A","IsStartingTab":false},

Thank you!

• Moved by Mike Feng Wednesday, April 3, 2013 7:27 AM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 2:09 PM

All replies

• Is it possible that my problem lies in the fact that the website uses Java scripts? The fields that I am trying to access to update are located on the "Location" tab.  The site contains the following code:

</title><link href="CSS/Version3/Stylesheet2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><link href="jQuery/css/jquery-ui-1.8.custom.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
        <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="jQuery/json2.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="jQuery/jquery.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="jQuery/jquery-ui-1.8.custom.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="Location.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="Scripts/PageCommon.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" language="Javascript" src="Utilities.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" language="Javascript" src="Page.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" language="Javascript" src="Scripts/AjaxEventHandler.js"></script>

So is there something special that I need to do to access the data fields on the "Location" tab since Jave scripts are involved?

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:18 PM
  • Im sorry this is not the forum for this. Try ASP.NET.

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:32 PM
  • Renee,

Are you sure about that?  My question is about using Vb to pass values to a preexisting website, not about using vb to generate a website.  Therefore, I assume it belongs here.  If I am wrong, please let me know.  Thank you.

Sandy

Monday, April 8, 2013 6:45 PM
  • As far as I know..web questions should be directed to www.asp.net which is also an ms forim.

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Monday, April 8, 2013 6:50 PM
  • OK thank you.
    Monday, April 8, 2013 6:57 PM