none
Provisioning, Assigned Access, and Application Restrictions RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Not sure whether this belongs here or not, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

    So basically I am having a issue where my app is being blocked by company policy.

    We are the app developer and are making it available as an LOB app through our private store.

    I have used the Windows Configuration Designer to create a provisioning package to be applied to the device to lock it down to only apps that we would allow, ours being one of them.

    This has worked when the app is sideloaded, however since we need to deploy updates and have the device update automatically we are putting the app through the private store. This is where the app becomes blocked by company policy.

    I have since tried adding an AppPolicy xml blob in the ApplicationRestrictions part of the configuration designer, using the same app id. However this hasn't worked, part of the problem is that I am unsure what to use as the publisher name either the display name or the publisher guid, but the assigned access still locks down the device according the AssignedAccess.xml even pinning our app to start whilst being unavailable.

    Any help with this will be appreciated, or a point in the right direction to somewhere more appropriate for this question.

    Many thanks.

    • Moved by Barry Wang Monday, May 29, 2017 10:54 AM
    Friday, May 26, 2017 4:18 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hello,

    As your private store blocked your app by company policy. I don't think this forum covered this kind of issue. Dev UWP forum is for developing.

    Can you find out your private store support for this issue? All properties like publisher guid, display name are wrote in UWP package.manifest and you can find them from your code.

    By the way, the assignedaccess.xml seems to be a TechNet forum issue per this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/enterpriseassignedaccess-csp

    Anyway, I will move your case to "where is the forum for" first.

    Best regards,

    Barry


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Monday, May 29, 2017 10:53 AM
  • Might also try over here.

    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprosecurity

    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues

     

     

     



    Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

    Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

    Monday, May 29, 2017 11:46 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks. I will check those out

    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:19 AM
  • Thanks I will try those forums
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

    Not sure whether this belongs here or not, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

    So basically I am having a issue where my app is being blocked by company policy.

    We are the app developer and are making it available as an LOB app through our private store.

    I have used the Windows Configuration Designer to create a provisioning package to be applied to the device to lock it down to only apps that we would allow, ours being one of them.

    This has worked when the app is sideloaded, however since we need to deploy updates and have the device update automatically we are putting the app through the private store. This is where the app becomes blocked by company policy.

    I have since tried adding an AppPolicy xml blob in the ApplicationRestrictions part of the configuration designer, using the same app id. However this hasn't worked, part of the problem is that I am unsure what to use as the publisher name either the display name or the publisher guid, but the assigned access still locks down the device according the AssignedAccess.xml even pinning our app to start whilst being unavailable.

    Any help with this will be appreciated, or a point in the right direction to somewhere more appropriate for this question.

    Many thanks.

    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:28 AM
  • Hi Trackaparcel,

    Thank you for posting here.

    Since your issue is related to private store, you could consult the Microsoft store support.

    I will move your case to "where is the forum for" first

    Best Regards,

    Hart


    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:29 AM
  • So I managed to solve the issue.

    I noticed that product id from https://bspmts.mp.microsoft.com/v1/public/catalog/Retail/Products/9P1SGV1LCJ64/applockerdata was different to the product id in the package manifest.

    Once I used that in the Lockdown xml then it worked.

    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:35 AM
  • So I managed to solve the issue.

    I noticed that product id from https://bspmts.mp.microsoft.com/v1/public/catalog/Retail/Products/9P1SGV1LCJ64/applockerdata was different to the product id in the package manifest.

    Once I used that in the Lockdown xml then it worked.

    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:35 AM